It's best to ladle this colourful casserole into deep plates or bowl, to make the most of the delicious sauce. Sugar snap peas would go well on the side for no extra ProPoints values. 6 ProPoints values per serving, 37 ProPoints values per recipe.
- calorie controlled cooking spray
- 500 g (1 lb 2 oz) lean diced lamb
- 12 shallots, peeled
- 300 g (10 ½ oz) chantenay carrots, trimmed and halved lengthways
- 0.5 tblsp plain flour
- 300 g (10 ½ oz) small new potatoes, halved
- 400 g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 heaped teaspoon clear honey
- 400 ml (14 fl oz) vegetable stock
- 2 tblsp chopped fresh mint
- 100 g (3 ½ oz) frozen soya beans
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 2/ 150?C/ fan oven 130?C. Spray a lidded flameproof casserole dish with the cooking spray and brown the lamb in two batches, removing to a plate when browned.
- Tip the shallots and carrots into the casserole dish and cook for 3 minutes until lightly coloured. Return the lamb to the casserole and stir in the flour. Add the potatoes, tomatoes, honey, stock and half the mint. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook in the oven for 55 minutes.
- Mix the soya beans into the casserole and return to the oven for 5 minutes. Stir in the rest of the mint just before serving.
More by Weight Watchers:
- The Morning After the Night Before: One Pan Fry-up
- Salmon burger on rye with horseradish cream
- Chocolate and berry roulade