Easy to make but with lots of impact. A great little recipe from Dr Oetker.
- 12 dr. oetker cupcake cases (pink and blue varieties)
- 165 g (6oz) baking margarine, softened
- 165 g (6oz) caster sugar
- 3 medium eggs, beaten
- 5 ml (1 tsp) dr. oetker natural vanilla extract
- 165 g (6oz) plain flour
- 12.5 ml (2.5 tsps) dr. oetker baking powder
- dr. oetker vanilla flavour and chocolate flavour easy swirl cupcake icings
- dr. oetker sugar butterflies, soft shimmer pearls, wafer daisies, soft silver pearls and soft gold pearls
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan oven, 350 F, gas 4). Line a deep cupcake tin with pink and blue cupcake cases. In a mixing bowl, beat the margarine with the sugar until pale and creamy-light in texture.
- Gradually whisk in the eggs and vanilla extract then sift the flour and baking powder on top. Using a large metal spoon, carefully fold the dry ingredients into the creamed mixture.
- Spoon mixture into 12 cake cases and bake on the middle shelf in the oven for 20-22 minutes until risen and just firm to the touch. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Use the Dr. Oetker Vanilla Flavour Easy Swirl Cupcake Icing to decorate the cupcakes in the pink cases with gorgeous iced swirls. Hold the can at a downward horizontal angle to the cupcake, place your finger towards the tip of the nozzle and push firmly down to start the flow of the icing. Use the Chocolate Flavour Easy Swirl to decorate the cakes in the blue cases in the same way.
- Finish by sprinkling Dr. Oetker decorations over the icing, serve and enjoy!
More by Dr Oetker:
- Peanut Caramel Puddings with Chocolate Sauce
- Millionaire's Muffins
- Surprise Inside Caramel Cupcake Centres