These are sure to wow at any party, bake sale or even just as a rainy day project
- 12 dr. oetker fun baking cases
- 115 g (4oz) baking margarine, softened
- 115 g (4oz) caster sugar
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- 115 g (4oz) plain flour
- 7.5 ml (1 ½ tsp) dr. oetker baking powder [gluten free]
- 175 g (6oz) unsalted butter, softened
- 325 g (11oz) (as well as another 1 tsp) icing sugar
- 5 ml (1 tsp) dr. oetker natural vanilla extract
- 100 g (3 1/2 oz) full fat cheese
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (170°C fan assisted oven/375°F/Gas 5). Line a cake tin with 12 Fun Baking Cases. In a mixing bowl, beat the margarine with the sugar until pale and creamy in texture.
- Gradually whisk in the eggs, then sift the flour and baking powder. Using a large metal spoon, fold the dry ingredients into the eggy mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into the baking cases and bake on the middle shelf in the oven for 16-18 minutes until risen, lightly golden and just firm to the touch. Transfer on to a wire rack to cool.
- To decorate, dust the work surface lightly with icing sugar. Divide the Regal-Ice Ready to Roll Icing into 6 equal sized pieces. Working on one piece at a time, flatten slightly and drop the desired amount of the first Gel Food Colour on top of the icing. Fold the icing over the Gel Food Colour to enclose it and carefully knead it into the icing until evenly mixed. Wrap each coloured portion in cling film to prevent it from drying out. Repeat the process, to colour the additional portions of icing using the different Gel Food Colours.
- When ready to decorate, roll out each coloured piece of icing. Stamp out two, 6cm (2 1/4inch) discs, two, 3cm (1 1/4inch) discs, and three, 1cm (1/2inch) discs of each colour using assorted round cutters or templates. Taking one of the 3cm (1 1/4inch) discs of each colour, cut out the centre using a 2cm (3/4inch) cutter to make a ring and another circle.
- Brush the top of each cupcake with Apricot Glaze or honey and stick one of the largest icing discs on top to completely cover the cake top. Decorate with various sizes and colours of icing circles, and secure on top in patterns using a light brushing of water.
More by Dr Oetker:
- Peanut Caramel Puddings with Chocolate Sauce
- Millionaire's Muffins
- Surprise Inside Caramel Cupcake Centres