- hollandaise sauce:
- 100 g unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 medium egg yolk
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 crusty continental roll (halved)
- 4 slices good quality ham
- 2 large, really fresh eggs
- fresh chopped parsley to garnish
- Hollandaise Sauce: Put the egg yolk into a bowl over simmering water, without allowing it to touch the base.
- Slowly pour in the melted butter, whisking all the time then add the lemon juice.
- Toast the roll halves until golden and crisp.
- Top each piece with 2 slices of ham.
- Keep warm.
- Carefully poach the eggs for approximately 3 minutes then drain with a slotted spoon. Place on top of the ham. Pour over hollandaise sauce and sprinkle with parsley.