Porridge is one of our most popular breakfasts in the restaurant, and this recipe goes down a treat. On cold winter mornings, it gets you off to a good start and takes no more than 10 minutes to prepare.
- 100 g (4oz) porridge oats (organic if possible)
- 300 ml (1/2 pint) whole-fat milk (plus extra if necessary)
- 4 dsp clear honey
- 4 dsp irish mist
- 150 ml (1/4 pint) cream (optional)
- Simmer the porridge oats and milk together in a saucepan for 8-10 minutes, until the mixture is slightly thickened, stirring all the time. It is important that the porridge has a nice soft dropping consistency so add a little more milk if you think that it needs it.
- To serve, spoon the porridge into warmed bowls. Drizzle each one with some honey and Irish mist and finally, serve with cream if you wish.
More by Neven Maguire:
- Vanilla Ice Cream: Neven Maguire style
- Caramelised Pork Belly, Neven Maguire, Today show
- Moroccan Lamb Tagine: Alternative Easter dinner