Nespresso provide this indulgent recipe for their take on an Irish classic
- 1 capsule of fortissio lungo grand cru
- 1 tsp sugar cane syrup
- 5 tsp whisky
- 2 tsp whippedcream
- 250 g / 9 oz of plain flour
- 50 g /2 oz of rice flour
- 100 g / 4 oz of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla powder
- 250 g / 9 oz of butter
- granulated sugar
- Pre-heat the oven to 160 °C / 320 Fahrenheit.
- Place both kinds of flour, the butter cut into cubes, the sugar and the vanilla in the
- bowl of a food processor.
- Mix gradually to form a ball of dough.
- Roll out the dough into a rectangle on a silicon baking sheet or on a baking tray
- lined with greaseproof paper and dusted with flour.
- Cut the dough into squares with the point of a knife.
- Bake in the oven for 15 to 20 min.
- Leave to cool and break off the pre-scored squares.
- Serve the shortbreads with the irish coffees
- Heat the whisky with the sugar cane syrup in a 'bain marie'.
- Prepare the Fortissio Lungo Grand Cru in lungo (110 ml / 4 oz).
- Pour the first preparation with the Fortissio Lungo Grand Cru into a glass.
- Add the whipped cream and serve.
The Nespresso Fortissio Lungo pod has an intensity of 7. Nespresso premium portioned coffee is available at the Nespresso Boutiques in Brown Thomas Cork and Dublin as well as Nespresso.com