With the sun shining more and more and the gradual move to summer. it's time to move our dishes move with the season, and keep it light and leafy.
- 1 roast duck glazed with soy sauce
- 110 g petits pois
- 400 g cress
- 1 small tin of water chestnuts
- 1 small glass of sweet wine
- 1 small glass of orange juice
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbs of granulated sugar
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- salt, pepper
- Begin by pouring the wine and the orange juice into a small pot: mix well and then bring to the boil. Leave to simmer for about 5 minutes, turning down the heat.
- When this is done, pour into a bowl and mix it with the soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar and ginger. Mix well and leave to one side.
- Remove the skin from the roasted duck. Cut the skin into thin strips and then dry-fry them in a non-stick pan for two minutes.
- Now cut the flesh of the duck in the same manner and add that to the sauce.
- Quickly cook the peas in boiling water then drain and refresh.
- Assemble by arranging the cress attractively on a plate and mix with sliced water chestnuts. Sprinkle with the peas then add the duck with its sauce. Finally garnish on top with the crispy duck skin.
More by Eamonn Ó Cathain:
- Steamed Baby Leeks With Mustard Sauce And Hard Boiled Eggs
- Chorizo with Haricot Beans and Red Wine
- Roast Lamb with Rosemary and Sage Pesto with Rosemary and Lemon Roast Potatoes