An unlikely pairing, but a delicious one that you simply need to try for yourself!
- 225 g egg tagliatelle (good quality)
- 2 tblsp softened butter
- 1 shallot (thinly sliced)
- 150 g smoked salmon slices (cut into strips)
- 1-2 tbsp whiskey
- 120 ml cream
- 1 tblsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Bring a large pan of water to a rolling boil. Plunge in the tagliatelle and cook for 6-8 minutes until al dente or according to packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a heavy-based frying pan and sauté the shallot for a couple of minutes until softened but not coloured. Add the smoked salmon and continue to cook for a minute or so, stirring until it lightens in colour.
- Sprinkle over the whiskey and continue to stir until it has evaporated. Pour in the cream and allow to heat through, then season to taste.
- Drain the pasta and return to the pan. Add the smoked salmon cream and parsley, stirring until evenly combined. Divide among warmed wide rimmed bowls and serve at once.