An unlikely pairing, but a delicious one that you simply need to try for yourself!
- 225 g egg tagliatelle (good quality)
- 2 tblsp softened butter
- 1 shallot (thinly sliced)
- 150 g smoked salmon slices (cut into strips)
- 1-2 tbsp whiskey
- 120 ml cream
- 1 tblsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Bring a large pan of water to a rolling boil. Plunge in the tagliatelle and cook for 6-8 minutes until al dente or according to packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a heavy-based frying pan and sauté the shallot for a couple of minutes until softened but not coloured. Add the smoked salmon and continue to cook for a minute or so, stirring until it lightens in colour.
- Sprinkle over the whiskey and continue to stir until it has evaporated. Pour in the cream and allow to heat through, then season to taste.
- Drain the pasta and return to the pan. Add the smoked salmon cream and parsley, stirring until evenly combined. Divide among warmed wide rimmed bowls and serve at once.
More by Neven Maguire:
- Root Vegetable, Chicken, Orzo Broth: Neven Maguire
- Smoked Haddock Hash, Poached Eggs: Neven Maguire
- Butter Bean & Bacon Soup: Neven Maguire