This is a recipe from an old Italian cookbook that we have here at home. It's so simple and needs very little salmon per person. It looks and tastes a lot posher than it really is - perfect for supper with friends so! Use a mix of both green and white tagliatelle for added colour.
- 175 g smoked salmon, sliced
- 300 ml cream
- pinch nutmeg
- 350 g tagliatelle
- salt and pepper
- chives to garnish
- Cut the salmon into thin strips and mix them together in a bowl with the cream and nutmeg. Cover and leave to stand for 2 hours in a cool place.
- After 2 hours, bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and cook the tagliatelle as per packet instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, in a separate saucepan gently warm the cream and salmon mixture – don’t boil it!
- When the pasta is cooked, add the salmon and cream mixture, mix well, and garnish with the chopped chives.
The long prep time is simply to let the salmon marinate with the cream and nutmeg. Otherwise prep is 5 minutes!