- 1/2 small red cabbage, finely sliced (a mandolin or food processor attachement is the best)
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and coarsely grated
- 1 apple, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 4 tblsp dried cranberries
- 2 tblsp sunflower seeds
- 2 tblsp pumpkin seeds
- 2 tblsp dulse seaweed or 'seaweed salad' mix from a health shop
- 100 g alfalfa sprouts or pea shoots
- 1/2 tub crème fraiche
- 3 tblsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tblsp sunflower oil or rapeseed oil
- 2 tsp agavé syrup or honey
- Mix the dressing by dissolving the agavé syrup or honey in the vinegar first. Then whisk in the sunflower oil and crème fraiche. If you like your dressing a little tarter, add more vinegar.
- Soak the seaweed in boiling water for 20 minutes if required, depending on the variety you're using.
- Lightly toast the sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds in a clean dry pan for extra flavour, allow to cool. This is optional but adds a toasty element.
- Mix together all the prepared vegetables, seaweed, dried fruit and seeds.
- Add the dressing and mix well.
- Scatter over the alfalfa shoots for added crunch and colour.