Serve warm with a spoon of yoghurt or your favourite ice cream.
- 6 peaches, peeled and sliced
- 300 g strawberries, washed, hulled and sliced in half
- 3 tblsp brown sugar
- 2 tblsp water
- 5 basil leaves
- 65 g plain flour
- 65 g wholemeal flour
- 90 g butter
- 65 g brown sugar
- 5 walnuts, roughly chopped
- 65 g oatmeal
- natural yoghurt or ice cream, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/Fan 170°C/Gas 5.
- Grease an ovenproof pie dish.
- Place the peaches, strawberries, brown sugar and 2 tablespoons of water in a saucepan, cover and cook for 5-7 minutes until the fruit has softened. Add the basil leaves.
- To make the crumble topping, place the plain and wholemeal flour in a mixing bowl. Rub in the butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar, walnuts and oatmeal.
- Spoon the fruit into the ovenproof dish.
- Sprinkle the crumble topping over the fruit.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve warm with a spoon of yoghurt or your favourite ice cream.
More by Catherine Fulvio:
- Mediterranean Monkfish with Pesto Trapanese
- Ballyknocken Daube of Wicklow Beef: Fulvio
- DIY Baked potatoes