Rework an old favourite.
- 600 g gooseberries, washed
- 75 g sugar
- 2 tblsp elderflower cordial
- 65 g plain flour
- 65 g wholemeal flour
- 90 g butter
- 65 g brown sugar
- 5 walnuts, roughly chopped
- 65 g oatmeal
- natural yoghurt or ice cream, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/Fan 170°C/Gas 5.
- Grease an ovenproof pie dish.
- Place the gooseberries, sugar and elderflower cordial in a saucepan, cover and cook for 3-4 minutes or until the fruit has softened.
- To make the crumble topping, place the plain and wholemeal flour in a mixing bowl. Rub in the butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the sugar, walnuts and oatmeal.
- Spoon the fruit into the ovenproof dish.
- Sprinkle the crumble topping over the fruit.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve warm with a spoon of yoghurt or your favourite ice cream.
Catherine's tip: Try different flavour combinations like pear and rosemary, and apple and mango.