Try this innovative recipe from top Irish chef Garry Hughes.
- 1 side of salmon
- 4 shots of gin
- 3 lime zest
- 50 g wholegrain mustard
- 1 mustard seed
- 100 g cucumber
- 100 ml crème fraiche
- 2 lemons
- drizzle of olive oil
- 100 g salt
- 50 g sugar
- 2 bunches dill
- 1 bottle tonic water
- Ask your fish monger to skin & bone the salmon.
- Place the salmon fillet in a tray. Combine the sugar, salt and lime zest in a bowl. Mix well and sprinkle over the salmon fillet.
- Squeeze the lime juice over the salmon, drizzle over the gin and tonic mix and pack on the chopped dill.
- Cover in cling film and leave for 24hours.
- The next day remove the salmon from the excess liquid and wrap in a clean cloth for a few hours until you are going to use it. This helps soak up any excess liquid.
- Mix the wholegrain mustard with crème fraiche or mayonnaise and a little lemon juice.
- Finely slice the salmon and brush with a little olive oil.
- To garnish finish with a little diced cucumber and enjoy!
More by Garry Hughes:
- Roast Chump of Curragh Lamb with Kale and Greens
- Seared Cod, bean and sausage Stew
- Butternut Squash Soup