- 460 g fresh potato gnocchi
- 300 g chorizo
- 200 ml white wine
- 400 ml cream
- 2 each shallots
- 300 g asparagus spears
- 2 tsp chopped thyme
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 300 g goats cheese
- 400 g baby spinach
- 200 g rocket
- 10 g butter
- 1 each lemon
- olive oil
- Begin by bringing a pot of salted water to the boil and add a drop of olive.
- Now add your fresh Gnocchi and cook for 3 to 4 minutes before straining, seasoning and setting to one side.
- Heat a wide base pan and drizzle a little olive oil over it.
- Now add the Chorizo and fry for a minute or so to release the chorizo oils now add the diced shallots garlic and thyme.
- Cut the asparagus into to short spears and finely chop the remaining stalk, add them to the pan and sauté for 1 minute or so before adding the white wine.
- Bring the wine to the boil. Now add the cream continue to boil with the lid off for another 2-3 minutes or until the cream begins to thicken.
- Now add the Goats cheese a little squeeze of lemon and season.
- While you are waiting on the sauce to thicken, dress the rocket leaves in a bowl with a drizzle of olive oil and leave to one side.
- Once the sauce has thickened add the baby spinach along with the blanched Gnocchi.
- Simmer for a moment to heat the gnocchi.
- Spoon the gnocchi and sauce into a deep, hot, pasta bowl. Garnish with a hand full of the dressed rocket.
Richie's top tips:
- Ensure you drizzle the Gnocchi with a little olive oil once you have boiled it to prevent it sticking together.
- If you can’t get Asparagus replace it with some young stem broccoli and cook in the same way.
- To make the dish a little lower in fat replace the cream with a low fat creme fraiche, taking care not to overcook the crème fraiche.
- As a rule of thumb, the smaller the chorizo the spicier it is so choose a large one if you don't like that little bit of heat.
- Adding a squeeze of lemon to a cream sauce allows your pallet to taste more of the flavors in the sauce because the acidity cuts through the fat of the cream.
Use your RTE ID to Join
- Upload your style photos
- Create and save recipes
- Review and Comment
- Have your say