- 125 g butter, softened
- 85 g caster sugar
- 80 g demerara sugar
- 125 g smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 200 g plain flour
- 1 tsp bread soda
- 50 g sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 170°C. Line 2 baking trays with parchment paper.
- Cream the butter and both sugars together in a bowl until soft and fluffy. Add the peanut butter and vanilla and mix well.
- Sieve the flour and bread soda together in a bowl, then add to the peanut butter mixture. Combine well but don’t overbeat.
- Roll teaspoons of the dough into balls. Roll the balls in the sesame seeds and place on the lined baking tray. Flatten slightly.
- Bake for 10 minutes (or 7 minutes for tiny cookies), until golden brown. Leave to cool slightly on the tray, then transfer to a rack.
Drizzle melted chocolate over them once cooled.
Sandwich together with jam for peanut butter/jelly combo!