Another great fish dish. I use arborio rice for this dish.
- 1 kg arborio rice
- 1 large white onion (chopped finely)
- 4 cloves of garlic (chopped)
- smoked haddock (as little or as much as desired)
- Sweat the onion and garlic (this just means on a low heat without colour) in a little olive oil, extra virgin if you can!
- Add the rice, then about 1 large glass of white wine. For me the key to any fantastic risotto is to gradually add the liquid. In this case we use a vegetable stock.
- Start to add the stock, let it absorb before adding more. This will take about 6-7 minutes.
- Then add the smoked haddock (how much you want to use is really up to you) and finish with a handful of chopped chives and cream.
- Just a note of caution, sometimes smoked fish can be a bit salty; so don’t season it till you are just about to serve it.
More by Anita Thoma:
- Dry Aged Sirloin On A Bed Of Wild Rocket With Parmesan Shavings
- Chocolate and Orange risotto with marscapone cream
- Chocolate Cake