You'll need time on your hands - but it's worth it to enjoy this slow cooked oxtail with Brunello Wine and Handmade Pappardelle Pasta
- red wine
- bay leaves
- whole peppercorns
- 3 kg semolina flour
- 1 l eggs (use the best ones you can afford)
- Brown the oxtail on a very hot pan or roasting dish. Add roughly chopped onion and garlic, after add red wine. We use Brunello di Montalcino 2002; this is expensive so you can substitute this with any full bodied red.
- Add bay leaves and whole peppercorns. Make sure the oxtail is covered with liquid, it can be topped up with water, Italian mineral water non-sparkling is essential to this recipe (only joking).
- I make about 5kg at a time. It’s very important cook this on a very low heat for as long as you can. We cook it for 6 hours.
- We use fresh pasta, but any good dried pasta will be perfect.
- Mix ingredients together, the pasta will form a dough, roll, cut shape as you like.
More by Anita Thoma:
- Dry Aged Sirloin On A Bed Of Wild Rocket With Parmesan Shavings
- Chocolate and Orange risotto with marscapone cream
- Chocolate Cake