- 2 tblsp epicure jungle paste
- 110 ml rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tblsp caster sugar
- 1 medium red onion (thinly sliced)
- 2 medium aubergine (diced)
- 1 ripe mango (peeled & sliced)
- 4 tblsp fresh coriander (chopped)
- 4 spring onion (sliced)
- 1 tblsp toasted sesame oil
- 220 ml groundnut oil
- 250 g pack soba noodles
- Heat the vinegar, salt and caster sugar in a saucepan until the salt and sugar dissolve. Remove from the heat, add the Jungle Paste and toasted sesame oil and allow to cool.
- In small batches, fry the diced aubergine in groundnut oil until crisp and brown (about 3-5 minutes)
- Cook the noodles for 5 minutes in a saucepan of boiling salted water, stirring to prevent them sticking together. Drain then add cold water and leave to stand for 2 minutes. Drain again, removing as much water as possible.
- In a large bowl, toss the noodles with the dressing, aubergine, mango and red onion. Mix well to ensure they are well coated. Place the salad in a large serving bowl and garnish with spring onion & coriander.