For the crepes
- 600 g pork fillet
- 125 g plain flour
- 2 cloves of garlic (crushed)
- 1 tsp chilli oil
- pinch of salt
- 250 ml whole milk
- 1 tblsp honey
- 1 tblsp light soya sauce
- 1 oz melted butter
- 1 tblsp sunflower oil
- 2 large eggs
- shredded cucumber, scallions and shredded lettuce to serve
- 1 tsp chinese 5 spice
- 6 tsp hoisin sauce
For the Chinese-style pork filling:
- For the Crepes:
- Sieve the flour and salt into a large bowl and make a well in the centre.
- Whisk the milk and eggs together and pour into the flour and whisk until smooth.
- Add the melted butter and whisk again.
- Allow to rest for ½ hour.
- Lightly grease and heat a crepe pan and add enough batter to coat the base of the pan, swirl to spread the mixture around the base.
- Cook over a medium heat for 1 minute until the underneath is golden, then turn over and cook for a further 20 seconds.
- For the Chinese Style Pork Filling:
- Slice the pork very thinly.
- Mix the garlic, Chinese 5 spice powder and chilli oil and pour over the meat and allow to marinate for 2 hours.
- Mix the Hoisin sauce, light soya sauce, and honey together.
- Heat 1 tablespoon sunflower oil in a wok or large frying pan.
- Fry the meat - do this in two batches.
- When all the meat is cooked, return to wok/frying pan.
- Add the Hoisin mixture to the pan and mix well.
- Cook until sauce coats the meat.
- To Serve:
- Put some shredded cucumber, scallions and lettuce into the middle of the pancake. Top with some of the pork filling and fold into a parcel.
Use your RTE ID to Join
- Upload your style photos
- Create and save recipes
- Review and Comment
- Have your say