A tasty Thanksgiving treat by Rita Talty on Four Live
- 390 g (3 cups) all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tblsp ground cinnamon
- 1.5 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cloves or nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 226 g (1 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 410 g (2 cups) light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 425 g can pumpkin puree
- 55 g (1/4 cup) vegetable oil
- 55 g (4 tablespoons) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 115 g (1 cup) icing sugar, sifted
- 1.5 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) golden syrup or honey
- Preheat the oven to 177C.
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper (so cookies don’t stick).
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon, ground ginger, ground cloves or nutmeg, and salt.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment (can also use a hand mixer), beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Beat in the vanilla extract and pumpkin puree. Beat in the flour mixture just until incorporated.
- Then drop cookies on the parchmant paper. You can use a spoon or ice cream scoop.
- Then with moist fingers smooth the top of the cakes.
- Bake cookies for about 10-12 minutes until the tops of the cookies lightly spring back.
- Then place on a wire wrack to cool.