It can be tricky to find a dessert to finish off an Asian meal. Fresh exotic fruit is the ideal choice, but sometimes we want a little decadent touch. This delicious syrup is heavenly, my students go gaga over it. Make extra and keep in a clean screw top jar in the fridge for 2 weeks. Heat up and serve with vanilla ice cream - delish! The ish factor are the aromatic spices and lime juice used in the syrup.
- 1 mango, peeled and cubed
- 1 pineapple, peeled and cubed
- 2 kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced
- 1 punnet strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1 tin lychees, drained
- 2 star fruit, sliced
- 500 ml greek yoghurt to serve
- 2 tblsp finely chopped mint, to serve
- aromatic syrup:
- 350 g caster sugar
- 300 ml fresh orange juice
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 vanilla pod
- 2 star anise
- 1 inch of ginger, peeled and sliced
- 2 cardamom pods, bruised
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Boil all the syrup ingredients together until thick and syrupy, be careful not to boil over.
- Allow to infuse for 10 minutes.
- Pour warm syrup over the fruit and serve with Greek yoghurt and fresh mint.
Recipe from Rozanne Stevens' cookbook, Delish , available in all good book stores.
More by Rozanne Stevens:
- Monica's Berry Baileys Meringue Roulade
- Monica's Magic Molten Chocolate Pudding
- Norman's Butterflied Leg of Lamb with Lively Salsa