- 400 g cooked white or brown rice, either just cooked or completely cold
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 4 tblsp sunflower oil
- 1 tblsp grated ginger or ginger paste
- 6 spring onions, chopped, use white and green
- 250 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tblsp soy sauce
- 6 rashers, diced
- 1/2 cup frozen petis pois
- few drops toasted sesame oil
- black pepper
- optional extras: prawns, cooked chicken, ham, grated carrot, finely sliced cabbage
- Heat a teaspoon of oil in a wok. Add the beaten eggs and stir rapidly until well cooked, dry and broken up.
- Remove the egg from the wok and set aside in a clean bowl.
- Wipe the wok, heat up 3 tablespoons of oil and cook all the vegetables and meat you want to use.
- Add the cooked rice and soy sauce. Stir very well and break up any lumps. Add the frozen peas and stir well to defrost, they don't need cooking as such.
- Once the rice is piping hot, stir through the egg and season with black pepper and sesame oil.
- For food safety, only reheat once.
Recipe from Rozanne Stevens' cookbook, Delish, available in all good book stores.