- 4 chicken breasts, sliced into thin strips and seasoned with salt and pepper
- sunflower oil, for stir frying
- 1 red onion, sliced into thin wedges
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 celery sticks, thinly sliced
- 400 g tin of pineapple pieces, drained and juice reserved
- sweet and sour sauce
- 2 tblsp tomato ketchup
- 2 tblsp plum sauce
- 2 tblsp light soy sauce
- 60 ml white wine vinegar
- 1 tblsp cornflour dissolved in 1 tbsp water
- 60 ml chicken stock (use a corner of a stock cube)
- reserved pineapple juice
- brown basmati rice
- Mix all the sauce ingredients together and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a wok and stir fry the chicken in batches until browned and cooked through. Set aside in a clean bowl.
- Heat another tablespoon of oil and stir fry the vegetables until cooked but still crunchy, approximately 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken, pineapple pieces and sauce. Bring to the boil and wait for the sauce to thicken while stirring.
- Serve immediatley with brown basmati rice.
Recipe from Rozanne Steven's cook book, Delish, available in all good book store.