Derry Clarke stops by Four Live and cooks this classic for Maura
- your favourite steak – rib eye, fillet, T-bone or sirloin is good
- 100 g butter
- sea salt and black pepper
- vegetable oil
- 6 large potatoes – maris piper are perfect for chips.
- malt vinegar and sea salt.
- Heat a heavy large frying pan over a high heat.
- When pan is hot, add plenty of vegetable oil, and put steak on.
- Turn down heat to medium and cook for 2/3 min, turn steak and then season with sea salt & freshly ground black pepper.
- Cook for 2 min and add 100g butter, then baste the juices over the steak, remove from heat.
- Leave to rest before serving.
- Peel 6 large Maris Piper potatoes and cut into chips.
- Place in cold water for 30 min. Remove.
- Bring a pot of water to boiling point and cook chips in the boiling water for 3/ 4 min.
- Remove and leave to cool. Heat a fat fryer with clean vegetable oil to 190 degrees Celsius and cook chips into batches for 3 min until crispy.
- Remove onto a clean cloth and sprinkle with malt vinegar and sea salt.