Allow to cool slightly before blending.
- 2 red peppers, roasted and chopped
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- 1 tblsp tomato purée
- 100 ml white wine
- 250 ml fresh cream
- salt and pepper to season
- Heat the oil and sauté the shallots until softened.
- Add the tomato purée and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the white wine and cook for a further 2–3 minutes.
- Add the roasted peppers and allow to cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in the cream. Remove from the heat; allow to cool slightly before blending.
- Add salt and pepper to season.
More by Catherine Fulvio:
- Brussels Sprouts With Butter (or Cannellini) Beans
- Christmas Bombe with Cranberry and Cointreau Sauce
- Veggie Christmas: Butternut Squash, Sage Risotto