This is a great recipe for those days when you feel like you could eat a horse and chase a jockey
- 2 tblsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 fresh tuna steak
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 clove of garlic
- The first stage of this dish is to create the marinade, and marinate the tuna steak. Create the marinade by combining the soy sauce, and honey together in a small bowl. Ensure that all three ingredients are well mixed into a glossy emulsion.
- Add the tuna steak to the bowl, and roll it over and over in order to coat thoroughly in the marinade.
- Marinate the steak for one hour, 30 minutes on each side.
- Once the steak has been marinating for an hour, it’s time to start cooking. Cut the sweet potato into wedges (leaving the skins on), and place in a roasting tin.
- Drizzle a little olive oil over the wedges, stir well, then place in a hot oven and roast for 20–25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When the wedges have been roasting for about 15 minutes, heat a little olive oil in a shallow frying pan, and add the tuna steak. Fry for about 10 minutes, 5 minutes on each side.
- Just before serving, finely chop the clove of garlic, and stir through the wedges. Return the wedges to the oven for another minute, then its’ ready to serve.
- Serve with a side salad.