- 8 pork and leek sausages
- 1 red onion (thinly sliced)
- olive oil (for drizzling)
- 4 soda farls
- 1-2 tsp dijon mustard
- 4 tblsp (heaped) ballymaloe relish
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat a flat griddle or large frying pan until hot. Add the sausages and cook for 8-10 minutes until golden brown and cooked through, turning occasionally. Drain on kitchen paper and keep warm.
- Add red onion to the pan, season to taste and drizzle over a little olive oil, then cook for about for 4 minutes until softened and lightly golden, stirring occasionally.
- Split the soda farls open at one end to make pockets. Cut the sausages in half and put them into the farls with the sautéed red onion. Drizzle the mustard and Ballymaloe relish over the sausages and press the edges together.
- Toast the farls on the griddle for 1 1/2 minutes on each side until heated through and lightly toasted. Cut each farl on the diagonal and arrange on warmed plates to serve.