- 225 g plain flour
- pinch salt
- 2 large eggs
- 250-300ml milk
- 1 lemon (grated zest)
- 75 g blueberries
- In a large mixing bowl sieve the flour and the salt together.
- Break in the two large eggs and whisk continuously whilst adding the milk until a smooth batter has been achieved. The batter is quite thick- much like the American drop scones.
- Add in the grated lemon zest at this stage also together with the blueberries.
- Mix thoroughly until combined and then transfer into the fridge to rest until required.
- Meanwhile heat a pan until quite hot.
- Add a little oil or butter to the pan and then spoon in the pancake batter in small batches.
- Allow to cook for about a moment or two on either side until they are nice and golden brown.
- Allow extra time if the pancakes are thicker.