Oliver Kelleher serves up traditional boxty with black pudding.
- 10 oz rooster potatoes (grated with skins on)
- 8 oz flour self raising
- 6 oz buttermilk
- pinch salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- olive oil
- 4 rings kelly’s black pudding
- for the vinaigrette:
- 1 granny smith apple (diced)
- 4 oz cider vinegar
- 4 oz hazelnut oil
- 1 cherry tomato
- mixed lettuce leaves
- Mix flour, grated potato, buttermilk & salt in a mixing bowl, until mix will pour. Use a good non stick 10” pan. Heat pan with olive oil & butter. Add Boxty mix with a large spoon & spread freely over the pan surface. Fry for 4 minutes on each side.
- When both sides are golden brown remove from heat and keep warn in the oven.
- Heat 4 rings of black pudding gently in the pan. Dice boxty in wedges and arrange on a warm plate. Place salad in bowl and dress with vinaigrette. Arrange a small bouquet type pile on the boxty & garnish with cherry tomato.
- Serve hot.
More by Oliver Kelleher:
- Oven baked chicken breast wrapped in bacon
- Warm Apple Crumble with Vanilla Pod Ice Cream & Baked Pineapple Crisps
- Traditional Fish & Chips with Mushy Peas & Tartar Sauce