More magic with leftovers.
- for the filling:
- 1 tblsp butter
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 1 tblsp mild curry spices
- 1 clove of garlic (chopped)
- 1 knob of ginger (chopped)
- 1 tblsp tomato purée
- 0 handful shredded leftover chicken
- 1 tsp coriander (chopped)
- for the pancakes:
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- for the egg wash:
- 1 egg
- 300 ml milk
- flour (for dipping)
- melted butter (for brushing)
- Melt the butter and add the onion, garlic and ginger. Cook until soft. Add the curry spices and the tomato puréé.
- Cook on a low heat for a further 5 minutes then add the chicken and coriander. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, make your pancakes. Mix all ingredients until combined. Pre-heat a large, non-stick frying pan. Cook large spoonfuls until edges start to go dry and bubbles burst on the surface. Turn and cook other side until golden.
- To Assemble: The pancakes are held together using an egg wash, which is made by beating an egg in a half pint of milk.
- This is brushed onto and around the circumference of the pancake. Then a spoon of filling is placed in the middle of the pancake. It's then folded over and the egg-washed edges pressed together to firm the seal.
- They are placed in a fridge for an hour and then dipped in flour then egg and then breadcrumbs mixed with cornflakes. Then brush with melted butter.
- To Heat: Place in heated oven for 20 minutes until heated through.
More by Paul Flynn:
- Pan Fried Monkfish, Creamy Brandade: Today show
- Bacon, onion, potato and sour cream tart/pizza
- Paul Flynn's Seafood Chowder