We've got Banoffi, Blueberry and Cinnamon and Apple variations!
- 185 g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 60 g butter (melted)
- 250 ml whole milk
- Sieve the flour, baking powder and caster sugar into a large bowl and make a well in the centre.
- Beat the eggs and milk together and pour into the well, whisking to form a smooth batter and then stir in the butter.
- Cover the bowl with cling-film and allow to rest for 20 minutes.
- Heat a frying pan and brush lightly with some clarified butter.
- When the pan is hot, pour 2flozs of batter into the pan and swirl evenly to form a round pancake.
- Cook over a low heat for 1 minute until underneath the pancake is golden.
- Turn the pancake over and cook for a further 20 seconds.
- Banoffi Pancakes:
- Add 2 small bananas that have been well mashed to the batter and cook as instructions above. When cooked, top with the caramel condensed milk. Decorate with whipped cream and chocolate curls.
- Blueberry Pancakes:
- Add 8ozs of fresh or frozen blueberries to the batter before cooking it.
- Cinnamon and Apple Pancakes:
- Grate 2 small eating apples and mix into the batter. Sieve in a tablespoon of cinnamon and cook in the usual way. When cooked, drizzle with maple syrup.
More by Louise Lennox:
- Hot Cross Buns time
- Something for the weekend: Irish Breakfast Scones
- Valentine's Day Choc Fudge Lollies: Louise Lennox