If you fancy a treat then here's a tasty, easy-to-make snack.
- crêpe mixture:
- 150 g plain flour
- 3 eggs
- 2 tblsp sunflower oil
- 50 g salted butter, melted
- grated zest of one orange.
- 50 g sugar
- 350 ml milk
- orange sauce:
- 100 g salted butter
- 100 g sugar
- 4 tblsp grand marnier or cointreau liqueur
- 2 tblsp brandy
- 2 oranges (zest and juice)
- Sift the flour into a bowl and make a well in the centre. Add all the other batter ingredients and stir well with a whisk, to remove any lumps. Let the batter rest in the fridge for at least an hour before making the crêpes to allow the mixture to settle.
- To cook the crêpes, heat a little butter in a crêpe pan.
- Ladle a little batter into the centre, tilting the pan so that the batter covers the surface thinly and evenly. Cook on both sides until lightly browned. Slide it out of the pan onto a warmed plate and keep warm as you make the rest.
- To make the sauce, put the butter in a small pan, add the sugar and whisk rapidly.
- Add in the Grand Marnier or Cointreau, the orange zest and juice. Bring to the boil, stirring continuously, then cook briskly until the sauce thickens.
- To serve, pour the sauce into a frying pan over a low heat. Put the crêpes in the sauce one at a time, folding them once, and then again, to make little triangles. Spoon the sauce over the crêpes to make sure they are all soaked with sauce.
- If desired you can add a little additional alcohol at the table and ignite.
- Serve with a big bowl of strawberries with Vanilla Cream and brown sugar.