Operation Transformation nutritional expert, Dr. Eva Orsmond has created a nutritious pancake recipe to enjoy using Nestlé Cereals recently launched FIBRE1® cereal.
- 2 medium eggs
- 250 ml low-fat supermilk
- 50 g fibre1® cereal (crushed)
- 150 g wholemeal flour
- 40 g dried apricots (chopped very small)
- 410 g tin of sliced peaches in juice (drained)
- Break the eggs in a bowl and whisk. Pour milk over the eggs and whisk further.
- Gradually whisk in the flour and the chopped apricots. Put the FIBRE1® in a sandwich or freezer bag and crush using a rolling pin. Add the crushed cereal.
- Spray a non-stick small pan with oil and place over heat. Take two tablespoons of batter per pancake and fry. You should be able to get 4 pancakes (6 inches each).
- Puree the tin of sliced peaches, after discarding the juice, and serve with the FIBRE1® pancakes.
New FIBRE1® breakfast cereal combines High Fibre and Great Taste and with a touch of honey on big, crunchy flakes and sliced almonds, every bowl of FIBRE1® contains 30% of your daily fibre requirement. FIBRE 1® is available in all major retailers nationwide at a recommended retail price of €3.69* for a 450g box. *Retail prices are at the sole discretion of the individual retailer.
More by Dr Eva Orsmond:
- Turkey Curry Stir-Fry, Dr Eva style
- Mini Homemade Burgers
- Chickpea Burgers with Cucumber Raita and Green Salad