Try this simple family meal, or quick meal for two, from Paul Flynn for RTÉ Today
- 1 packet turkey breast stir fry
- 300 g trophy basmati rice
- 0.5 red onion, sliced thinly
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
- 1 x 3 cm piece ginger, peeled and cut into sticks
- 1 tblsp soy sauce
- 2 tblsp peanut butter
- 4 spring onions, cut into 2 cm pieces
- 2 tblsp olive oil
- 1 small carrot (optional)
- splash white wine vinegar (optional)
- Place the garlic, ginger and red onion into a pan with the olive oil and cook over a medium heat for three minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, peanut butter and soy sauce and bring to a simmer, stirring to melt the peanut butter.
- Add the turkey and stir well, making sure the meat is separated. Bring back to a simmer and cook gently for 6-7 minutes.
- Then put your rice on. Cook as per packet instructions.
- Add the spring onions to the turkey mixture and cook for two more minutes. Season and serve.
- If you would like a little extra heat, sprinkle some cayenne pepper on top.
- Optional, some carrot sticks, turned in a little vinegar will lift.
More by Paul Flynn:
- Today: Paul Flynn's Lamb Gigot Chops
- Lunch all Wrapped Up: Fresh Mackerel Wraps
- Pan Fried Monkfish, Creamy Brandade: Today show