Kevin Dundon makes this twist on the traditional pizza. Kevin says: "You will never again return to the freezer after this! Vary your fillings as much as you like".
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 yellow peppers (sliced into thin slices)
- 2 thinly sliced tomatoes
- 2 - 4 mushrooms (sliced)
- 1/2 an onion (thinly sliced)
- pineapple (optional)
- 200 g chorizo (sliced)
- 250 g goats cheese (or mozzarella, cheddar, gubben, ardrahan, st killian brie)
- sprig fresh mint
- salt & pepper to season
- 1 sheet pre-made puff pastry
- Preheat the oven to 180C (350F/Gas Mark 4).
- Transfer the dough to the work surface and roll it out to fit your baking tray. Make sure the dough is rolled thinly. Place it on the tray and leaving ½” from the pastry edge, spread the tinned tomatoes as your base, add some chopped fresh tomatoes. Layer your toppings on top and finish with a layer of cheese.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for a further 15-20 minutes until the cheese is bubbling and everything is well cooked through.
- Sprinkle with some fresh mint before serving.
More by Kevin Dundon:
- Fiery Fajitas with Salsa: Kevin Dundon
- Indulgent Chocolate Fondants: Kevin Dundon, Today
- Roasted Lamb Noisette, warmed tomato, pale ale