- 2 eggs (separated)
- 100 g self raising flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tblsp caster sugar
- 100 g butter (melted)
- 120 ml cream
- 120 ml milk
- Sieve the flour, salt and sugar together in a bowl.
- In another bowl, mix the melted butter, egg yolks, cream and milk.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff.
- Add the flour mix into the milk and cream mix then whisk. (Don’t worry if there is the odd lump) and leave to rest for 20 minutes.
- Fry on a medium heat in butter. The pancakes should be about 4" (10cm) wide.
- To Serve: Garth’s favourite ways of serving Silver Dollar Pancakes are with lemon and sugar or with grilled, dry-cured bacon, drizzled in maple syrup/honey.