- 150 g plain flour
- 100 g wholemeal flour
- 100 g porridge oats
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 50 g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tblsp sunflower oil, plus extra for frying
- 500 ml milk
- fresh fruit, maple syrup and yoghurt to serve
- Whisk together the oil, milk and eggs in a jug or bowl.
- Sieve the flours, salt and baking powder into a bowl. Stir in the oats and mix well.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour in the liquid.
- Mix well then allow to rest in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Heat a little sunflower oil in a non-stick pan.
- Use two tablespoons of batter for each pancake and plop into frying pan. Cook for three minutes on each side. Keep warm while you make the rest of the pancakes.
- Serve with maple syrup, fruit and yoghurt.
This is a great recipe to enjoy even more of this supergrain and very family friendly. Make up the batter and keep it in the fridge for weekend brekkie, just add a little more milk if it gets too thick. Serve with plenty of fresh seasonal fruit and Greek yoghurt. Delish!