- 200 g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 300 ml milk
- knob of butter
- 50 g fresh keelings irish blueberries (roughly chopped)
- 50 g fresh keelings irish raspberries (roughly chopped)
- 50 g fresh keelings irish strawberries (hulled and roughly chopped)
- olive oil or a little butter, for frying pancakes
- natural yoghurt, to serve
- Mix together the flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt in a large bowl. Beat the egg with the milk, make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and whisk in the milk to make a thick smooth batter. Beat in the melted butter, and gently stir in half the mixed berries.
- Heat a teaspoon of oil or small knob of butter in a large non-stick frying pan. Drop a large tablespoonful of the batter per pancake into the pan to make pancakes about 7.5cm across. Make three or four pancakes at a time. Cook for about 3 minutes over a medium heat until small bubbles appear on the surface of each pancake, then turn and cook for another 2-3 minutes until golden. Cover with kitchen paper to keep warm while you use up the rest of the batter.
- It should make about 10 pancakes in total.
- Serve with fresh berries sprinkled on top, a dusting of icing sugar and natural yoghurt on the side.