- pancake mix:
- 110 g self-raising flour
- 275 ml fresh milk
- 1 egg
- 30 g butter (melted)
- 30 g caster sugar
- chilli chocolate topping:
- 100 ml fresh cream
- 1 red chilli (split lengthways)
- 100 g milk chocolate
- 1 pack fresh strawberries (quartered)
- For Pancake Mix:
- Sieve the flour into the bowl. Add the other ingredients and whisk until the lumps are pretty much gone. Leave to stand for 1/2 hour.
- Cook in an un-greased pan on a medium/high heat until they brown on each side. Serve immediately. The batter will keep in the fridge for 2-3 days.
- For Chilli Chocolate Topping:
- Fill a pot with water 3cm deep and bring to a simmer. Put the bowl on top of the pot, making sure the bottom of the bowl doesn’t touch the water directly. Put the cream and chilli into the bowl and allow to warm through for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the bowl from the heat and leave to cool completely. Remove the chilli from the cream and discard.
- Replace the bowl of cream on the simmering pot and add the chocolate. Leave for 5-10 minutes and mix until the chocolate has melted. Remove from the heat and pour lashings of chocolate sauce over your pancakes and top with fresh strawberries.