Catherine cooks up a wonderful family main, which is also great as a romantic dinner for two
- 350 g farfalle
- 1 tblsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 tblsp tomato purée
- 100 ml white wine
- 2 peppers, roasted and chopped
- 50 g crème fraîche
- 200 ml fresh cream
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 100 g feta, crumbled, to serve
- chives, to garnish
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package.
- In the meantime, prepare the sauce, heat the oil in a medium saucepan over a low heat and sauté the shallots until softened. Add the tomato purée and cook for 1 minute. Add the white wine and cook for a further 2–3 minutes. Add the roasted peppers and allow to cook for 1–2 minutes, then stir in the crème fraîche and cream.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly. Then blend it to a purée. Season to taste.
- Toss the drained, cooked pasta into the sauce. Using tongs, curl a portion of pasta onto a serving plate, sprinkle over crumbled ricotta salata and garnish with some chive lengths on top.
More by Catherine Fulvio:
- A Day with Catherine Fulvio
- Pavlova: Summer Strawberries, Basil Drizzle
- Catherine Fulvio's Courgette, Feta and Chive Tart