Make these delicious chocolate treats.
- 200 g milk chocolate (good quality 40%)
- 50 g dark chocolate (good quality 70%)
- 115 g unsalted butter
- Place cream in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Melt the chocolate and add the cream and whisk.
- Add in the butter and mix until the butter is melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Pour mixture into a small container and refrigerate for a few hours.
- Once the truffle mixture is set and hardened, place a melon baller in hot water and dry off the excess water and then scoop out a small truffle ball.
- Place the balls on a tray that is lined with either Clingfilm or baking parchment.
- Truffles can be rolled in chocolate powder, crushed nuts, desiccated coconut or crushed amerritte biscuits.
- Place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Melt white chocolate on low in microwave.
- Stick tooth pick in truffle and dip it into the chocolate.
Chef's Tip: You can add any flavour liquor you like to the mixture, just mix it in when adding the butter. To make chocolate truffles look like Christmas puddings, drizzle a small amount of white chocolate over the truffle and then with either coloured chocolate or icing, pipe green leaves with red berries on top to resemble holly.