Make these delicious chocolate treats.
- 200 g milk chocolate (good quality 40%)
- 50 g dark chocolate (good quality 70%)
- 115 g unsalted butter
- Place cream in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Melt the chocolate and add the cream and whisk.
- Add in the butter and mix until the butter is melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Pour mixture into a small container and refrigerate for a few hours.
- Once the truffle mixture is set and hardened, place a melon baller in hot water and dry off the excess water and then scoop out a small truffle ball.
- Place the balls on a tray that is lined with either Clingfilm or baking parchment.
- Truffles can be rolled in chocolate powder, crushed nuts, desiccated coconut or crushed amerritte biscuits.
- Place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Melt white chocolate on low in microwave.
- Stick tooth pick in truffle and dip it into the chocolate.
Chef's Tip: You can add any flavour liquor you like to the mixture, just mix it in when adding the butter. To make chocolate truffles look like Christmas puddings, drizzle a small amount of white chocolate over the truffle and then with either coloured chocolate or icing, pipe green leaves with red berries on top to resemble holly.
More by Louise Lennox:
- Saturday Brunch: American Style Pancakes
- Hot Cross Buns time
- Something for the weekend: Irish Breakfast Scones