A yes for all chocoholics! The yogurt gives the cake a fudgy soft texture which just makes it melt in your mouth!
- 50 g dr oetker extra dark continental chocolate
- 115 g butter, softened
- 225 g dark brown sugar
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- 150 ml natural yogurt
- 200 g self raising flour
- 25 g cocoa
- 1 tsp dr oetker baking powder
- 0.5 tsp dr oetker bicarbonate of soda
- 0.5 tsp dr oetker vanilla extract
- 85 g dr oetker extra dark continental chocolate
- 115 g butter at room temperature
- 175 g sieved icing sugar
- 0.5 tsp dr. oetker vanilla extract
- cocoa for dusting
- 25.5 cm (10 inch) heart shaped tin, greased and base lined
- Preheat oven. Break the chocolate into a small bowl and place over a saucepan of simmering water.
- Using an electric mixer beat the butter and sugar together in a large bowl until paler in colour.
- Mix the eggs and yogurt together; add these to the mixture along with the other ingredients. Beat together for a further 2 minutes.
- Place the mixture into the heart shaped tin and bake in the oven for 40 – 45 minutes until sponge is risen and springs back when lightly touched. Cool in the tin for 15 minutes before removing onto a cooling rack.
- To make the icing: Melt the chocolate as above. Place the butter into a large bowl and gradually beat in the icing sugar, add the vanilla extract and the melted chocolate and beat until smooth.
- Spread the chocolate icing over the top of the cake, running the knife horizontally to make a pattern. Dust with cocoa to serve.