This recipe makes the most gooey, decadent chocolate brownies imaginable. A word to the lads: if you have annoyed your missus, a tray of these will go a long way to patching things up. With chocolate as the mortar. The frozen raspberries work brilliantly as they stay whole during the baking process, adding bursts of pink tartness in the slab of chocolatey goodness.
- 150 g butter (cubed)
- 350 g dark chocolate (broken into pieces)
- 225 g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 275 g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tblsp cocoa powder
- 250 g frozen raspberries (don't defrost)
- 1 tblsp cocoa powder (for dusting)
- Preheat the oven to 160°C. Grease a deep baking tray with sunflower oil. Line with parchment paper, enough to hang over the sides. Oil the top of the paper too.
- Melt the butter and 200g of the chocolate in a glass bowl over a pot of simmering water. Allow to cool slightly.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder.
- Beat the eggs into the chocolate mixture then add the sifted flour.
- Fold in the chocolate and raspberries.
- Spread into the tin and bake for 30-35 minutes until just set.
- Allow to cool before cutting into slices and dusting with cocoa powder.
Makes about 1 tray
More by Rozanne Stevens:
- Monica's Berry Baileys Meringue Roulade
- Monica's Magic Molten Chocolate Pudding
- Norman's Butterflied Leg of Lamb with Lively Salsa