This is an Indian inspired recipe, full of flavour and goodness
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4-6 cardamom pods
- 0.5 tsp chilli powder
- 1.5 tsp ground cumin
- 150 g green beans, cut in 2 cm long pieces
- 0.5 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 tblsp olive oil
- 220 g basmati rice
- 600 ml (1 pint) vegetable stock, warmed
- 150 ml natural yoghurt (or soy alternative)
- 50 g flaked almonds, toasted
- bunch coriander
- Heat the oil in a large heavy based pan over a medium heat. Add the cumin, chilli powder, cinnamon and cardamom pods and cook for a minute or two. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened then add the onion, this should take a further 3 – 4 minutes. .
- Add the rice and stir to coat in the flavoured oil. Pour in the stock then add the cauliflower and green beans, bring to the boil then reduce heat and allow to simmer for 12 – 15 minutes until the liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove from the heat.Leave the rice to stand for 5 -10 minutes then pour into a serving dish.
- Sprinkle with flaked almonds and fresh coriander and drizzle with a spoonful of natural yogurt.
More by Kevin Dundon:
- Salmon Fillet, Chili Pesto: Today, Kevin Dundon
- Indulgent Eggnog: What it is & how to make it!
- Kevin Dundon's Christmas Turkey: Today Show