This is a fantastic way of cooking the Brussels sprouts and it makes for a very interesting option.
- 1 bag of brussels sprouts
- 110 g chestnuts
- 25 g butter
- 75 g cranberries
- 1 tblsp brown sugar
- Trim Brussels sprout taking off the rough outer leaves.
- Make a cross with a sharp knife in the bottom of each.
- Bring a pot of salted water to the boil and add the sprouts.
- Boil for 6-8 minutes until soft and tender.
- Strain off the water.
- Meanwhile in a large pan or wok melt the butter and quickly fry the chestnuts until starting to colour. Add in the sugar and the cranberries and continue to cook until the sugar is dissolved and the chestnuts are slightly caramelised.
- Add the sprouts and toss around in the pan making sure that they are well combined and piping hot.
- Serve immediately.
More by Kevin Dundon:
- Saturday Brunch: Crêpes Suzette with Strawberries
- Chocolate Chip Cookies: Just Add Milk!
- Strawberry and Banana Iced Lolly Pops