Your Christmas table isn't complete without it!
- Whole ham on the bone (approx 15lb/7kg)
- 4 tblsp Irish whiskey
- 5-6 dessertspoons of homemade marmalade
- 50g brown sugar
- 12 cloves
- Soak the ham in a bowl of water for up to an hour to remove any excess salt.
- Place the ham into a large pot, cover with water and bring to the boil.
- Allow to simmer for about 2½ hours and turn off the heat, allowing the meat to cool in the cooking liquor.
- Remove the ham from the cooking liquor and remove the outer rind. Score diamond-shaped lines into the fat. Stud the cloves into the layer of fat and put onto a baking tray.
- Mix the sugar, marmalade and Irish whiskey together and mix well until combined. Spread this over the clove-studded ham.
- Loosely cover with tin foil and bake in the oven at 150C/300F/Gas Mark 2 for about an hour or perhaps a little more, depending largely on your oven.
- Take the tin foil off at this stage and turn up the heat for an additional 20 minutes.
- Rest the meat for an additional 30 minutes out of the oven before slicing.
More by Kevin Dundon:
- Indulgent Chocolate Fondants: Kevin Dundon, Today
- Roasted Lamb Noisette, warmed tomato, pale ale
- Salmon Fillet, Chili Pesto: Today, Kevin Dundon