- 4 eggs, separated
- 500 ml whipping cream
- 300 ml whole milk
- 120 g caster sugar
- 100 ml brandy
- 100 ml dark rum
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, ground or freshly grated (fresh is best)
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs yolks until pale and very frothy.
- Add sugar and continue beating then add in a little nutmeg. Spoon in the cream, a little at a time then add the milk a little at a time. Finally, beat in the rum and brandy.
- In a separate bowl whisk the egg whites until they form stiff peaks, fold into the eggnog mixture ensuring it is fully incorporated in the liquid.
- Give your arms a break from all that beating by putting the eggnog in the fridge to chill for 1 or 2 hours!
- Serve cold.