Kevin Dundon's festive dessert idea
- 110g caster sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 225 g mascarpone cheese
- 1 double espresso or 1 cup of strong coffee
- 2 measures of marsala wine
- 200 ml pouring cream-lightly whipped
- 18-24 boudoir biscuits or lady finger biscuits
- 50 g cocoa powder
- 100 g amarena cherries
- Beat the egg yolks and sugar with a handblender for 4-5 minutes until very pale and creamy then add in the mascarpone cheese and beat into the egg mixture.
- Fold in the whipped cream into the cheesy mixture until combined.
- Select a shallow serving dish or individual decorative glasses-wine or martini are ideal. Mix the coffee and marsala together and dip the biscuits into the coffee mixture one by one and arrange half of them out flat in the serving dish. Place a few amarena cherries on top.
- Spread half of the creamy mixture on top of the biscuits and then repeat with another layer of biscuits and cherries and another layer of the cream mixture.
- Smooth the top of the cream mixture with a warm palette knife.
- Dust the top of the creamy mixture with cocoa powder, decorate with amarena cherries.
- Transfer to the fridge for 2-3 hours.
More by Kevin Dundon:
- Fragrant Chicken Curry with Basmati Rice
- Fish and Chips with Minted Peas: Kevin Dundon
- Fiery Fajitas with Salsa: Kevin Dundon