MasterChef Ireland's Nicha Maguire serves up this delicious dish during the show's visit to Stockholm.
- baby beetroot
- baby carrot
- sugar snap
- mushroom- black and chanterelle
- 4 types of tomato
- vanilla pod
- baby potato
- To make parsnip puree, cut them into chunks, put in the saucepan and cook them with milk, half of vanilla pod over medium heat until very tender, then blend until smooth pass through the sieve. Set aside.
- To make the mushroom salt, dry toast the black mushrooms in the pan over medium heat until dry, tip in Thermomix blend until you get a fine texture and then add a table spoon of salt. Set aside.
- Thinly slice fennel and cook both sides on the grill.
- Cook the leek on the grill
- To make the beetroot juice, put a whole clean baby beetroot in the juicer. Add a tablespoon of sherry vinegar in the beetroot juice, mix, cover and chill.
- Sauté the chanterelle mushroom in butter for 2 minutes.
- Cook the baby potato in salted water until tender, put in the jar and smoke for 5 minutes.
- To make the herb oil, blend chervil and parsley until smooth and add in heated rapeseed oil (67 degree) mix well, add half lemon juice and half teaspoon of salt.
- Cook the baby carrot in emulsified water (half water half butter) for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Cut all the tomatoes into wedges. Crack open the fresh hazelnut.
- To assemble the dish, spoon parsnip puree on the plate then arrange all prepared salad on top, drizzle with beetroot juice and herb oil. Sprinkle a little mushroom salt on the side for extra seasoning.
More by Nicha Maguire:
- Lamb fillet with fennel salad and potato fondant
- Pancake with strawberry mascarpone and citrus syrup
- Chocolate hazelnut parfait with orange tapioca