A delicious starter idea or a light lunch idea, from Kevin Dundon for Supervalu
- 1 packet of puff pastry, thawed naturally
- 4 Supervalu asparagus spears, cut in half
- 100 g (3 ½ oz) supervalu goats cheese, crumbled
- 1 Supervalu beetroot cooked, & diced into small cubes
- Supervalu mixed salad leaves
- 1 Supervalu lemon - juice
- Supervalu plain flour
- Supervalu butter
- 2 tblsp Supervalu olive oil
- Supervalu cooks ingredients salt & black pepper - to season
- Blanch the asparagus spears in some boiling water for 2 – 3 minutes, then remove from the water and place in some cold water for 3 minutes to prevent further cooking.
- Roll out the puff pastry on a lightly floured surface into an A4 sized shape and cut in half. Cut one half in two and retain the remaining pastry for another time. Grease a baking tray with some butter and place the pieces of pastry onto the tray. Place 4 pieces of asparagus onto each pastry and top with the crumbled goats cheese. Scatter the diced beetroot pieces onto the goats cheese. Season with some salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place the baking tray into the preheated oven and cook for 15 – 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve immediately with Mixed Salad leaves, drizzle with some olive oil and juice of the lemon.
Stock imagery used (c) Thinkstock. Recipe courtesy of Supervalu